The Railton Owners Club was founded in 1956 by a group of like-minded owners of Railton cars. The initial aims were to arrange social events and gatherings of cars, to provide technical information to help owners maintain their vehicles and to communicate with members via a regular magazine which was to become “The Bulletin”.
Later in the Club’s life, owners of Brough Superior, Essex, Terraplane and Hudson vehicles were welcomed as members as most of these models share the same mechanical components.
You will see from the Club Services detailed below that we still live up to the original aims but have significantly expanded our objectives.
Membership normally numbers some 200 and extends around the world. If you would like to know a little more about the cars we cater for, take a look at our “History of Cars”. For general information about the Club email: email@example.com . Please see “Contact Us” for membership and other specific enquiries.
RAILTON OWNERS CLUB SERVICES TO MEMBERS
- Bi-Monthly “Bulletin” the Club magazine.
- Technical information. (We hold master copies of workshop manuals which are available electronically to members and have over 50 years of accumulated knowledge).
- “Club Approved Spares Scheme”. See the Spares page for details. In summary we have a large inventory of parts to help keep your car on the road. These include new parts re-manufactured to original patterns, service items and second hand parts.
- Register of Cars. Since the early days of the Club, we have maintained a register of all known Railtons, Broughs, Terraplanes and Hudsons. This is now an extract from a larger database and includes details and history of cars owned by members and non-members, the last known location and in some cases the fate of those that have been scrapped. The register is available for members only to view and download. We are however happy to respond to individual enquiries about a specific car within the constraints of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. We would also like to hear of any cars you may know about. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current Membership List is available to be viewed by members only on the website.
- Club Shop: Offering some regalia, leaflets and books published by the Club.
- Annual National Meeting weekends, held once or twice a year, are held in different locations of the UK. These include road trips, visits to places of interest, concours and restoration judging with awards. The Club is a highly social organisation so a semi-formal dinner occurs on the Saturday evening.
- An Annual General Meeting is incorporated into one of the National meetings.
- Occasionally European Tours are organised by individual members.
- Support and attendance of other National events such as Kop Hill Climb, Prescott, Shelsley Walsh and the NEC Classic Car Show.
- Many of the Club cars are eligible for VSCC events and several members race, hill climb or rally their cars. Some are also raced in the USA.